Wednesday 30 August 2017

#FriendswithBenefit

Which brand screams out to you as the most instagrammable cosmetic gang on the block? For me it's got to be Benefit. So when I was invited down to the Benetowers on Tuesday night I wasn't at all surprised that I had stepped into pink heaven.






Benefit had teamed up with blogger's fave Olympus for the fantastic #FriendswithBenefit event showcasing the brand spanking new addition to the Benefit brow family the Foolproof Brow Powder. 
The Foolproof Brow Powder promises to provide you with at least 12 hours wear, perfect for the busy gal who has little to no time to stop and reapply throughout the day. The two tone shade creates a soft and natural looking brow, the powder is very build-able so perfect for beginners as you won't have the worry of sharp lines that can be difficult to blend. I was lucky enough to be gifted the product so I will be adding it to my makeup bag ASAP.


I'm not sure how any works gets down in this magical Benefit land there is just far too many things to get distracted by! The whole place reminded me of the Gallery room at Sketch which is definitely another one of the most instagrammable places on earth! 


While sipping on PINK champagne (of course, everything at benetowers is pink) we had the opportunity to play with the new Olympus Pen E-PL8. I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these beauties for a long time and instantly the brown one stole my heart! This surprised me as I thought I would gravitate towards the white. I am so used to my trusted canon that it felt strange shooting with a new camera, I wanted to hog one all night and just practice however I of course had to share with the other ladies. I would be lying if I said I wasn't completely tempted to let Olympus take all my money!


Of course there was a selfie station ready for us all to enjoy, we probably spent a bit more time playing there than they expected! The ring light did leave us momentarily blind but you know all's fair in love and the quest for the perfect selfie... right?



Jay McLaughlin, Fashion Photographer extraordinaire was on hand to answer all of our photography based questions. From what lens is best to create that blur we are all striving for to what locations we should head to for that perfect insta OOTD shot (news flash ladies the white houses of Kensington have had their day apparently) It was really interesting hearing everyone's questions, its great to know that lots of bloggers are in the same boat. Jay had a great point about having more fun and forgetting about having to create content all the time, letting the content almost create itself and therefore feel more authentic should engage more people. I am definitely going to try and stop being so uptight trying to get that too perfect to be true shot, watch this space for some bloopers that I had the best time creating. I'm excited!




I had a fabulous evening and am so thankful to the Benefit team for inviting me, and especially to Ruth for being just about the loveliest girl in the whole world.

Which brand would you climb a mountain to attend an event with?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Looks like such a good event! Love how quirky it all is x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I was fan girling all over the place being at head office!!

      Delete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig