Monday 2 January 2017

Goodbye 2016 Hello 2017

2016 has been a challenge. As you get older every year seems to become full of more and more responsibilities, and this year came the greatest responsibility of all - my daughter! Therefore 2017 I won't be fighting getting older, it is after all the year I turn the big 3-0. The new year will be looked upon as the year of responsibility, not only for others also for myself.


This year I will take responsibility for it being the best year so far, and here is how I plan to do that: 

1. Keeping up with childfree plans - Now I am a mother I want to make sure thats not all I become. People who have had children talk about how they drift apart from their childfree friends but honestly the effort you make needs to go two ways. I have made plans for 2017 to ensure that I don't become one of those mums that can only talk about night feeds and nappies. 

2. Making plans with my child - Having Lylie is the best thing ever and I want to totally embrace motherhood, I have already signed us up to sensory classes starting in January and have my new mummy friends from my NCT classes to talk night feeds and nappies with. 

3. Making to do lists - My lovely friend Alex (yes the one that buys the best presents) bought me a 2017 wellbeing diary and it has never been more needed. I have a mind totally full of things I have to do that only seems to get bigger every day, I have decided my mind probably isn't the best place to keep this list so down on paper it goes.

4. Feeling free to say no - I don't really class myself as a people pleaser however I've find myself agreeing to things that I don't want to do more and more. For 2017 I am going to allow myself to say no if I don't want to or feel unable to do something... that goes for my blog too.

5. Indulging myself in a night time routine - Ok this may not be so easy with a newborn, however I seem to sleep much better when I have some lovely products to cleanse and bath with and I've sprayed my sleep spray on my pillow. Where I can I will make sure in 2017 I don't rush this little bit of luxury each night, lets face it my sleep is pretty important right now!

What are your promises to yourself for 2017?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These are all such good promises to make to yourself! I want to remain "more than a mum" too once little fella is here but also embrace all I can of having him here in the world with us! Lovely post Gemma! I hope 2017 is wonderful to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my love, being a mum is obviously the most amazing important thing ever but I definitely want to be able to hold a conversation without talking babies :) I can not wait for your little man to arrive, it's soooo soon now!! X

      Delete
  2. Great promises - especially love the one about being more than a Mum, thats a good one to remember as a new Mum to be! I feel wrapped up in baby stuff at the moment, I need to remember myself and my friends too! :) I also love the one about the pampering night routine, I totally agree about better sleep after a pamper. It doesn't have to take long, just some lovely products by the side of the bed and a pillow spritz works for me.

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches Travel & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, being a mum is wonderful and my friends want to be a part of it but obviously don't want to just do that all the time especially when they don't have their own yet xx

      Delete
  3. These are such good things to stick by, it's nice to still be yourself whilst being a mother I know a lot of my friends struggle with it! I need to do the opposite of no though and actually get myself out there!! x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank fir reading my love. You can get yourself out there just be open ti new possibilities I reckon :) xx

      Delete

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig