Sunday 24 July 2016

Maternity OOTD #AsSeenOnMe

As I have previously mentioned it is so tricky to find 'nice' maternity clobber. With the current heat wave situation (not complaining) I really wanted something loose and floaty but that wouldn't make me look like I was wearing a bin bag. Obviously my first stop shop is always ASOS so when I saw this little double layered number I had to snap it up. 



The bottom layer of this shift dress is rather see through, you will need a little slip on underneath for extra support. I actually didn't mind too much about wearing the slip as it was a windy day and it gave me a little extra support. As this dress is designed to fit pre and post pregnancy it is also specially designed for nursing which I am assuming will be a really handy thing. 

The only other minor gripe I have with this dress is because the bottom layer is so thin it does get creased really, really quickly. It was fully ironed and then I laced up my shoes and had to iron it again for these photos, which is slightly high maintenance if you ask me. Throughout the duration of the day the creases did drop out a bit and all in all I felt very comfortable wearing it. 





In my opinion the little details really matter when putting together a maternity outfit which makes you feel fabulous. The little buttons running up the back of the dress are not functional but who cares they look cute as heck! 

I also really enjoyed the squared off neck line, something so different but definitely makes this dress look a lot more expensive than it was. 



Lace up sandals are a god send for pregnant feet, these even covered up my swollen ankles which I was extremely thankful for. I actually picked these up from Zara back at the start of the summer, they are so sparkly every time I wear them someone comments on them and they are surprisingly comfy. This particular pair are no longer available however you can find lots of similar ones, like these..




Ok I look super grumpy here (I was pretty hot by this point) but this is the only 'bumpie' I took so this is what I am going to leave you with for today! 


Let me know if you have a secret maternity shop I will fall in love with!
25 weeks today - nearly time to meet Baby Girl, yippee! 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Such a pretty post Gemma! You look absolutely gorgeous preggers! Lovely outfit. :) Miniaturemilk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks so much my love, you have totally made my day! :) XX

      Delete
  2. Both you and bump look gorgeous! Love the little overlay top and the button details on the back, so pretty. But yes I do dislike items that crease so easily - so much hassle, I'm so lazy when it comes to ironing.

    Love Hannah xx

    www.HannahHawes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It puts me off wanting to wear it because I know once I sit in the car it's gonna be all crumpled! Thanks for your comment, so hard to feel like you look nice once you get more bumpy XX

      Delete
  3. You look lovely here Gemma! Those buttons are so cute. You know me, love a good back ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks babe, so lovely to see a comment from you my fave! Mwah X

      Delete
  4. You look amazing!!! That outfit almost hides the bump but also flatters it - if you get what I mean! Great post Gem, love that you're doing more outfit posts again

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beautiful, I have hardly bought anything to take photos of! XX

      Delete

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig