Wednesday 24 February 2016

Ciate Liquid Velvet Review

I am a huge fan of the matt look liquid lipsticks, the only problem I find is that they are so drying on your lips they can be quite uncomfortable to wear. While browsing the Ciate London site I stumbled across the new Liquid Velvet range. With the promise of being both long-wearing and moisturizing I quickly added one to my basket.  





The colour I opted for was Voodoo. It is a very dark brown/plum colour. A little bit more plum than the Kylie True Brown K colour but it has that sort of idea. The tip of the brush is very narrow and good for drawing the outline ready to fill in. (I did use a lip liner too just to help me out) 


On first application I couldn't believe how moisturising the lipstick felt, almost silky. It was just before bedtime so yesterday I thought I would really put it to the test. I applied the colour at 8am and at 6pm I can honestly tell you that the colour was still on. Ok it wasn't 8am perfect but it wasn't bad at all, especially for such a dark shade, I was snap chatting it's progress throughout the day and friends were also impressed. Around 4pm I noticed my lips felt a little drier than normal but after over 7 hours of wear I think that is acceptable.


I did try to order the shade Swoon at lunchtime as I am so impressed with the formulation (Voodoo isn't an every day type of shade) however it is currently sold out. 
I am so so impressed with this product, it is definitely the only new in product I have been really excited about in a very long time. 

What do you think of these? Have you tried them? 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks insane on you, Gemma! I can always trust your recommendations! I'll definitely be buying this :) What a nice shade too <3

    Tania | teabee94.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how much you have made my day with that comment!! I am seriously impressed with it I really need a more wearable every day shade, it's so good! Let me know if you do pick one up won't you? XX

      Delete
  2. This looks great on you!!! There's absolutely no way I could pull that off hahah!

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kathy, I am not sure that I really pull it off haha! Channelling my inner goth :) XX

      Delete
  3. this colour looks gorgeous on you! i really want to try chatterbox or fast lane from the range :) the formula sounds amazing

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Thank You so much Sarah, ooh I loved Chatterbox but I already have a Fleur De Force lip gloss the same sort of colour!! XX

      Delete
  4. Gemma, you look amazinggg in this shade - it's so good to hear that more brands are branching out to create more moisturizing formulas - this one sounds dreamy!

    Holly | www.thekittyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Holly, That is so sweet of you to say!! It needed to happen didn't it, I can't stand how drying matt liquid lipsticks can be!! X

      Delete
  5. I love matte glosses, but yes I too find they can sometimes be really drying and uncomfortable. Great review I will definitely be looking at their range to see what other shades they do. Love this colour though, but can see why it's not the best everyday look.
    Love Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Sleek do some with a good formula too, may be easier to get hold of! I am going to see if I can get my hands on some X

      Delete

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig