Monday 7 September 2015

Coffee at Coast

I am a huge fan of coffee, not only on a Monday morning when it's vital but also leisurely at the weekend when I have time to accompany it with a tasty breakfast and Friends repeats on Comedy Central.

My home town, like most high streets, is full to the brim with chains such as Starbucks, Costa and Cafe Nero so it's always refreshing to see a new cafe open with great potential and better coffee on offer than their big sibling alternatives. 


Coast is a seaside themed coffee house tucked away behind the busy high street of Southend-on-Sea. Unless it has been recommended to you I'm not sure how you would know it is there. Luckily for me my brother stumbled across it and said I should pop in. Located in an old shipping yard it has high ceilings and has almost been designed to feel like someone's modern conservatory with comfortable chairs and French doors leading out onto the decking. 




They have a vast selection of cakes to offer and their chorizo, cheese and honeyed ham panini is a winner for me. I even tried to recreate this at home but was left craving Coast's own creation. On this occasion however, a croissant was enough for me. The food is simple but great and they don't pretend to be bigger than they are which makes it such a welcoming place to come for a quick snack or brunch with friends.




I really hope it gets enough attention and stays open. Such a sweet little place and a bit of a treasure trove with its inconspicuous location.

Alex xx



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great photos! Looks like such a cute cafe <3

    http://www.abigailalicex.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! It really is such a find :) xx

      Delete

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig