Monday 27 July 2015

Rainy Day Flapjacks

As I type this it is 26th July and it is raining. Full on puddles in the road, need an umbrella, raining. I'm not sure what has happened to summer so to brighten up my day I decided to make flapjacks from a recipe that my dear friend gave me. As he handed me the recipe he said 'Don't show this to anyone else' so naturally I'm sharing it with the blogging world but it's too delicious not to. I won't tell if you won't. 

You'll Need
100g margarine 
1tbsp golden syrup
100g brown sugar
50g Self Raising Flour
50g Oats 
75g Crushed up Cornflakes/Special K



Preheat the oven to 190 degrees/ Gas Mark 5

What to do
1. Combine the margarine with the golden syrup in a bowl

2. Pour in all of the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and gently whisk together

3. Add the margarine and golden syrup to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until all incorporated together (It will seem as though there isn't enough margarine to mould it all together but there definitely is)


4. Grease a baking tin and spread the mixture in evenly (I found that one which was narrower in width helped as this allowed the flapjack to rise and be a bit chunkier)

5. Bake for 20 minutes

6. Cut into squares whilst warm


It really is the simplest recipe and if you like your flapjack sticky and chewy then this is the one for you. 

Please excuse my rather shoddy looking final piece. It's difficult to make oats look pretty - I'm not sure how the professionals do it. In other words I'm not sure how the professionals take their time to get it out of the tin without crumbling it all in a greedy haste. Al à me. I promise I'll work on that. 

Rest assured it still tasted delicious.

Love,
Alex xx





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig