Thursday 9 July 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Vs. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

If you happened to watch our June Favourites video you would have heard me mention that over the last year or so I have been having a bit of a challenging skin time. Anyone who has had an experience with 'adult acne' (gosh I hated being told I had that) will know how horrible it makes you feel. I was lucky enough as a teenager to have good skin so suddenly in my late twenties to be getting all these spots was anything but ideal. It left me feeling self conscious and actually dirty, I felt like all the people I met were actually talking to my spots instead of me and silently judging me.

So I hit the shops looking for some super high coverage foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup for Face and Body was the winner and this foundation has got me through some hard times don't get me wrong. However as my skin has gradually started to get better this foundation has felt more heavy and looked more chalky than I would have liked. I have recently been after something a bit more dewy and the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation seems to be one that a lot of the girls on youtube are raving about. (naturally youtube is the first place I turn for any advice) So during a leisurely stroll around the aisles of Selfridges I sashayed over to the Nars counter and got myself colour matched. I came out as the Ceylon shade so I picked one of those up along with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Vanilla. (Which I just love) I must admit I was slightly upset that I had to pay an additional £3 for a pump to use with my newly purchased foundation. Does anyone know why you have to do that? Is it just to make an extra bit of money? I brought one regardless because, well you need a pump right?

I really liked the way the Nars Sheer Glow left my skin looking bright and illuminated however after wearing such a heavy foundation I was left underwhelmed by the coverage. So I had a bit of a brainwave and mixed the two, PERFECT, is that cheating? The mix of them both seems to be just right for my skin shade and coverage needs, ok its pretty pricey to be having to buy two all the time however they will last double the time and that makes it ok, right?

If you know a foundation which is a combination of the two please let me know in the comments box below, I am off for a week in Devon mid July so I will let you know what makes the cut for my holiday make-up bag!

Gemma xx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig