Monday 6 July 2015

Afternoon Tea by the Sea

I love Afternoon Tea. What's better than having a pot of tea followed by sandwiches and scones and then more sandwiches if you're feeling particularly peckish and finally finished off with some mini desserts. All whilst served on pretty China with minute jam pots and a sweet little cake stand that I have to resist not taking home with me. It's ok, I settle with taking all the desserts I couldn't quite manage home with me instead. It's so quintessentially British and quaint.



My Grandmother treated my mum on her birthday to Afternoon Tea at The Roslin Hotel by the sea. Luckily for my brother and I we were invited along too. It was during the heat wave we had last week and we had a perfect spot by the window with a beautiful view. Plus we decided to throw a bottle of champagne into the proceedings too. As my mum put it, 'it would be rude not to!'.



If anyone lives in the area I would highly recommend this hotel especially on a sunny day with a glass of bubbly. The location and choice of food, not to mention the spa treatments is has to offer is brilliant. The only minor gripe I had with the selection of tasty miniature offerings was the raisins in the scones. My plate looked like a raisin graveyard. Please think of those who like their scones sans raisins - Thanking you kindly.

Afternoon Tea wasn't the only sweet treat of the day. I ensured my Mum started her day with cake too as I bought her some delicious Hummingbird Bakery cupcakes.  Red Velvet, Black Bottom and Carrot Cake. It's safe to say we were full to the brim by the end of the day but definitely worth it. If not on your birthday then when can you? 



On a fashion side note, I made the most of the unusually hot weather and wore a Topshop floral midi dress with tie side detail . Unfortunately I didn't get a successful shot of the dress (Mother dearest isn't too snap happy but as it was her birthday I forgave her!) so please excuse this candid photograph. It's slightly out of my comfort zone as I wouldn't normally choose something quite so bold but I absolutely love the side detail with the contrasting pretty print.



Where would you recommend I go to Afternoon Tea next? I've got my eyes on the Mad Hatter's Tea at The Sanderson in London.

Alex x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig