Monday 29 June 2015

Going to the Chapel

I'm not one of those girls that enjoys planning an outfit for a night out, in fact I dread it - Quite the opposite to Gemma, my YouTube partner in crime, as I'm sure she enjoys this part more than the night out itself! I find it all a bit stressful. Traipsing the shops with something in mind only to come home empty handed and disappointed is not my idea of fun. Last minute is more my thing.

Wedding guest shopping on the other hand, I ruddy love! I don't know if it's the novelty of dressing up for a different occasion or the wedding itself but either way I love scrolling my way through the 'occasion wear' section on ASOS and flicking my way through the rails in Topshop.
My friend Tasha married her fiancĂ© last weekend in the most beautiful ceremony and seaside themed reception so of course I needed a suitable ensemble. I am of a, let's say, porcelain complexion and have never dreamed of being a bronzed goddess but for once I decided to embrace my auburn hair and freckle-a-plenty face and chose an orangey-red midi dress. Scrolling for hours paid off, hurrah! 
Dress - ASOS
Shoes - Aldo (at ASOS)
Bag - River Island (old)
Fascinator - Claire's Accessories
The midi style suited the formal occasion and the backless detail and bold colour added an edge. I was actually surprised at how comfortable I felt in it and I'm now eagerly waiting for another event to wear it to.
I had been eyeing up the Aldo pointy heels for a fair while, adding them to my ASOS basket months in advance before plucking up the courage to part with the money. But I'm so glad I did as I absolutely love them. The metallic heel and nude leather worked so perfectly with the vibrant dress. Plus I was able to thriftily recycle the nude bag and fascinator that I wore to Gemma's wedding. Outfit compete! Did my feet feel the same level of affection for the shoes? Erm, no. 
Of course the only dress everyone was looking out for was the bride's and good heavens it was beautiful. Such a simple but elegant design and Tasha looked perfect. The bridesmaids looked beautiful in blue and mirrored Tasha's dress with the low cut v neckline. 

I'm sad the celebrations are over so I can only imagine how the bride and groom are feeling. Congratulations Tasha & Greg!
Alex x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Across This Page. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig